by: Ma Lourdes Suello
Implement good maintenance ensures website work properly
- All pages on the front end of the website should work properly. No bugs or errors are found during page load.
- Perform a website backup twice(2) a week. Store it on your External HDD
- Check if there is a latest version of the CMS(Wordpress, Joomla). Update CMS and plugins.
- Check if the website forms are working properly.
- Check webserver emails if theirs errors.
- Check email logs on each website if your website is sending spam emails.
- Check and remove unwanted registered users, comments and form submissions.
- Check if there are broken links
- 404 error page should work properly or if its redirecting.
- Check website load page speed.
- Run and check security scans and if there's an issue occur fix it.
- Server or Website Backup
- Contact client or Check if there's should be any improvement to be done in the website. If there's needed to improve discuss it to the team and to client.
- Graphics (ex: photos)
- Check each website content. Some websites are always updating their page content. Check the typo, error links and etc.
- Check forms if still working or the email is still used by the client.
- Some developers or programmer don't used php coding on year display. Some used manually codes. Update the copyright date mostly found in the footer area of the website.
- Review each website page.
- Backup servers or website
- Discuss with the team if the website design and other features should be needed to update.